Many women make lots of mistakes trying to wear lace wig units.To wear your lace front wig you will need the following:
Cotton wool,Cotton buds,Q-tip stick,medical alcohol or good alcohol based astringent,skin protector (VERY IMPORTANT),ultrahold adhesive/vapon -no tape adhesive or Salon pro extreme bond,tail comb
With your hair neatly cornrowed, try on your unit after you have cut down the lace..Leave about 1/8" of lace around the hairline. (I cut in a zig zag manner..Others suggest using trimming shears)...You can always adjust later. Do a dry run by placing the unit on your head where you will want it positionned.
1. With your first application, place little black dots with eyebrow pencil as a guide line..If you are using your own baby hairs, that will be the time to separate them by bringing them forward and keeping them down with gel (use non-flaking gel).. You will be applying your unit on the visible line created between the baby hair and the cornrow.
2. Wipe hairline/forehead with alcohol to remove any oily deposit. Also wipe the visible line between baby hairs and cornrow/cap with alcohol...You do not need any oily residue there, since this is the spot where you will be applying your lace.. Also use skin prep/Skin Protector on this spot and let dry before applying glue this is very important as it protects your skin from adhesive irritation.
3. Apply glue (with makeup brush, sponge q-tip or small spatula, or orange stick or ice cream stick).
P.S. If you plan on using your fingers to apply the glue, clean fingers with alcohol first. We tend to forget the residue on those...
Use only a very small amount..spread glue on the line you have created in a thin layer. You can apply 2 light coats. Then let dry, (usually 10-20min),
4. Now you are ready to place your unit. Keep the hair on the unit away from glue with hair clips.
5. Place unit on your head lining hairline where glue has been applied. Position lightly on glue line. When you are sure that you have it where you want it,apply a little pressure on the hairline with the tip of a tail-comb or with slanted tip of orange stick... Avoid using my fingers since it transfers the oil from my fingertips unto the lace/glue area.
6. If wearing a full lace,clean areas with alcohol ,let it dry ,apply your skin protector.Then attach the nape with the same glue.
7. Clean up extra glue with either lace/citrus remover or alcohol, careful not to touch the lace.
8. Allow glue to cure with unit in place and the hair still away from the glued area for at least 2 hours...
You can spray citrus remover on your hands/fingertips to remove any glue residue. Rub gently with a small towel. Then wash with soap.
You are now ready to strut your stuff...